Government Assistance

Food Supplement Program (formerly Food Stamps) Nationally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).  This government service provides supplemental nutrition to those in need.

Child Nutrition ServicesThese government services include the National School Lunch Program, National School Breakfast Program, After School Snack Program, USDA Food Program, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program, and Summer Food Service Program.   Be sure to contact your local school district for more information as well.

Women, Infant, and Children Nutrition Program (WIC) This government service provides healthy foods, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and referrals.

Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACF)This government service provides cash reimbursement to child and adult day care providers for serving meals and snacks meeting USDA standards to participants enrolled in care.

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)TEFAP is a local Food Assistance Program by county and/or town.  Don’t go hungry; find help at your local food pantries.

Hunters for the Hungry – This program allows for hunters to donate all or a portion of their hunt to the hungry.